INFRASTRUCTURE OWNERS / ENGINEERS
Built on proven methods of deck form construction and materials, our stay-in-place system improves durability and enables inspection of the bridge deck during construction and over the life of the bridge deck.
ClearCast Forms improve on the weaknesses of current stay-in-place forms.
- Flat surface eliminates corrugations where moisture can pond.
- Corrosion resistant acrylic plastic eliminates the corrosion on the concrete side of the form surface.
- Galvanized connections are heavier than what has been used in the past to prevent appreciable section loss over time.
- Inspect concrete during the deck pour to confirm concrete is consolidated properly.
- Defects can be identified and corrected before concrete cures.
- Collect element level data for the deck as required by the Specifications for the National Bridge Inventory and AASHTO Specifications. Evaluate defects like cracking, spalling, delamination, and efflorescence over time such that preservation actions can be taken at the right time to extend the life of the deck.
The severity and density of the defects found after the inspection are used to categorize the condition state of the deck. Depending on the condition, a structural review may be needed to determine the strength or serviceability of the deck.
Feasible actions to take based on the condition assessment and structural review include protecting, repairing, or replacing the deck.